Exodus is a popular cryptocurrency wallet that allows users to store, trade, and spend their cryptocurrencies. The wallet is available for both desktop and mobile devices.
Is exodus wallet safe?
You may be wondering if Exodus Wallet is safe for you to store your cryptocurrencies. Many people are concerned about the safety of entrusting their coins to third-party wallets after recent hacks.
Is Exodus Wallet safe? The short answer is yes, and exodus Wallet is a secure and safe option to store your cryptocurrencies.
First and foremost, Exodus Wallet is a non-custodial wallet, which means that only you have access to your private keys. This is crucial because even if Exodus servers are hacked, your coins will still be safe as hackers won’t be able to access your private keys.
Exodus Wallet offers two-factor authentication (2FA), which adds a layer of security. 2FA requires that you confirm withdrawals and transfers from your wallet using a code sent to your mobile phone. This means that even if someone were to gain your password, they wouldn’t be able to access your coins.
Exodus crypto wallet review 2022 (how does exodus wallet work)
Exodus is a digital cryptocurrency wallet. It accepts only cryptocurrencies, and it has an internal exchange system that allows you to convert between crypto-currencies quickly. You cannot send fiat currencies (euros or dollars) to it, nor can you exchange cryptocurrencies for fiat on Exodus. You will need a dedicated Exchange platform to accomplish this.
Now, we will explain how Exodus works at
1. Install the app
2. Cryptos available
3. Send cryptos
4. Secure your application
5. Two Exodus wallets belonging to the same person can be synchronized. Let’s now see how to set-up and use Exodus Wallet. First, you will need to choose which device (computer, smartphone, or tablet) you wish to install Exodus. However, Exodus can be installed on both platforms. Continue to the next section and then the platform.
Section 1. Install Exodus wallet
Follow this link to go directly to the Exodus download page, regardless of whether you use a smartphone or a computer. To avoid downloading bogus software or sites, you must follow this link. REMEMBER. A ONE APPLICATION IS ALL YOU NEED FOR ALL OF YOUR CRYPTOS.
Download and launch Exodus from your computer
1. You will find a section called “DESKTOP” on the left side of the download page. Below that is a link, as shown in the image below. You will see a different version (here 19.9.12), but it is possible.
2. Click the link to choose your platform (Mac OS, Windows, or Linux). 3. After downloading the file, you can install it on your computer just like any other program. 4. Open the app. You don’t need an account, a username, or a password to create.
Download and launch Exodus from your smartphone
1. You can open the Exodus download page and land in the “MOBILE” section. There are two links, as shown in the photo below. 2. Select the option that corresponds with your smartphone.
3. After the app has been installed, you can open it. You don’t need an account or a username to create.
Section 2. Receiving cryptos using Exodus wallet
Get payments in cryptos using Exodus for computer.
1. Click the “Wallet” tab to the left.
2. Choose the crypto you wish to receive payment from and the address to which it appears. Let’s say you want to receive Bitcoin. Scroll down to the bottom of your crypto that isn’t listed. The “+ Add More” button will appear, and you can click on it to add the crypto you need from the new screen.
3. After you click on your crypto, you’ll see how many Bitcoins you have and the dollar value. You can also see the “Send” or “Receive” buttons.
4. Click the “Receive” button. A line will appear with many characters. This is your public key (or address) for the cryptocurrency. This corresponds roughly to an IBAN used for traditional bank accounts. A large QR code is a flashable representation of your address, and it’s not something you need to be concerned about. This address will be required to send payments in crypto (in Bitcoin) to you. Summit Mining will need this address in order to send you the mined money. It can be sent to us by email, message (Telegram or WhatsApp), etc. We need your address to send Bitcoin (BTC), Dash(DASH), Litecoin [LTC], and Zcash ($ZEC span>).
5. To send funds to someone else, you must copy and paste the address. To automatically copy your address, click on it. This will save you from pressing Ctrl+V on your keyboard. 6. Copy the address and paste it where you want it. 7. These operations can be repeated for each crypto payment you receive.
Get payments in cryptos using Exodus for your smartphone.
1. By default, you should be on the first tab (“Wallet”) and have the wallet icon. If you don’t, please go to it.
2. Choose the crypto you wish to receive payment from and the address you would like to be notified of. Consider, for instance, Bitcoin. Scroll down to the bottom of your crypto that isn’t listed. The “+ Add More” button will appear, and you can click on it to add the crypto you need from the new screen.
3. Once you locate your crypto, tap on it to open it; you’ll see the current price, amount, and dollar value.
4. You will find an icon with a downward arrow on the right side. This link will allow you to get this crypto, and it is easy to tap it.
4. A-line will appear with many characters. This is your public key (or address) for the cryptocurrency. This corresponds roughly to an IBAN used for traditional bank accounts. A giant QR code is also available, which is a flashable representation of your address. It’s not necessary to worry about this. This address will be required to send payments in crypto. Summit Mining will need this address to send you the mined money. It can be sent to us by email, message (Telegram or WhatsApp), etc. We need your address to send Bitcoin (BTC), Dash(DASH), Litecoin [LTC], and Zcash ($ZEC span>).
5. To send funds to someone else, you will need to copy and paste the address. To copy your address, tap it. 6. Copy the address exactly where you want it. It’s also very easy. 7. These operations can be repeated for each crypto payment you receive.
Section 3. Send cryptos using Exodus wallet
Make payments in cryptos using Exodus for computer.
1. Click the “Wallet” tab to the left.
2. Choose the crypto you wish to send payment from the following list. Let’s say Bitcoin. Scroll down to the bottom of your crypto that isn’t listed. The “+Add More” button will appear, and you can click on it to add the crypto you need from the new screen.
3. After you click on your crypto, you’ll see how many Bitcoins you have as well as the dollar value. You can also click the “Send” or “Receive” buttons.
4. Click the “Send” button.
5. Enter the destination address in the top field. This is the recipient’s address to whom you wish to send money. Do not type it manually! Copy and paste it?
6. Enter the amount you wish to send, click on “Half” for 50% of available funds, or “All”, to send all. 7. Click “Send”. Congratulations!
Make payments in cryptos using Exodus for your smartphone.
1. Next, click on the wallet icon to go to the first tab. This tab is the default. If you don’t know it, please go there.
2. Choose the crypto you wish to send payment from the displayed list. Let’s say you want to send Bitcoin, and Scroll down to the bottom of your crypto that isn’t listed. The “+ Add More” button will appear, and you can click on it to add the crypto you need from the new screen.
3. After finding your crypto, press the button to open it. You will then see the current price, amount, and dollar value.
4. You will see an icon with an upward arrow on the left. This link will allow you to send the crypto, and it is easy to tap it.
5. To send the amount, press the zeros (“0.00”) or the “Half” button to send 50% or all of the crypto funds. Click “Done span” to confirm the amount.
6. Enter the destination address in the bottom field. Copy and paste is the best practice. Click “Next”. A confirmation screen will appear. Slide your finger from left to right on the confirmation screen to confirm the sending of funds. You have successfully sent the payment.
Section 4: Securing your Exodus wallet
Anyone can access your wallet to receive or send money. This is quite normal. There is no password. We will add one. As you know, your cryptos can be found on your computer. What happens if your cryptos are stolen? Or that your hard drive crashes. You lose everything. It is possible to lose everything. Do not panic! You have a backup plan, but you must implement it before anything happens. Obviously! Backup your private key is the best solution.
Your private key is a 12-word sequence that allows anyone with access to your wallet from anywhere in the world. Keep them safe and secure. If your original device is damaged or stolen, your private key can be used to recover your funds from another phone or computer. Let’s now see how to make a password and retrieve our 12 words.
Protect your wallet with Exodus computer
1. Open the application, and click the “Backup” tab to the left.
2. The application prompts you to create a password immediately. You can choose one that is both a combination of numbers, letters, and special characters to ensure your security. Click on “NEXT “.
3. Repeat your password. Next, click on “NEXT “.
4. 12 fields will appear. To reveal the words of your private keys, hover your mouse over each one. These words should be recorded somewhere, and click on “NEXT. “
5. The software will ask you to confirm that the words on the screen are part of your private 12-word key. Click on it, and then click on “FINISH. “
Protect your wallet with Exodus smartphone
1. Go to the third tab, “Profile” at the bottom of your screen, then Security – Secure With a Passcode.
2. Select a 6-digit password and then repeat it. That’s all.
3. To recover your private 12-word key, click the third tab (“Profile”) at the bottom of the screen, then Security – Recovery Phrase- View recovery phrase.
4. There will be 12 lines marked with dotted lines. To reveal your secret words, press and hold on “Press and Hold” These words should be kept secret and out of reach. These words should be recorded somewhere.
Section 5: Synchronise Exodus wallet on multiple devices
You may now feel super secure using an app (computer or smartphone), so you might want to install Exodus onto a second device. You will have an Exodus second wallet if you follow the above steps. Your addresses for each crypto will also be completely different if you do not follow the instructions. Your crypto accounts will be unlinked. Your private key is required to be able to have identical wallets. This means you can use any wallet interchangeably and have the same amount on both devices. It allows you “elsewhere” to recover your funds, precisely what we are trying to do.
Install a second Exodus wallet and synchronize it on a computer
1. You can download the app you need from this link.
2. On the main tab (“Home”), you’ll see the button “Restore from Backup” when you launch the application. Click it.
3. You will be asked if you would like to restart the application.
4. These are the fields to enter and then validate. Your applications will be synchronized in a matter of seconds.
Install a second Exodus wallet and synchronize it on a smartphone
1. You can download the app you need from this link.
2. You should see “I already have an account” or “Create a new account” when you launch the application. Select “I already own a wallet .”If this option isn’t displayed, click on the third tab (“Profile”) at bottom of the screen and then Settings – Restore wallet.
3. You can then select “Restore From Backup” and enter your secret words. Another method is to take a picture of a QR code. However, this is more difficult for beginners, but the end result is the exact same.
4. Your applications will be synchronized in a matter of seconds.
Section 6. Recalls and final tips for Exodus
This is the end of this tutorial. This is extremely important. Even if you have reminders, it’s better to go over it multiple times.
1. One wallet can only hold one type of cryptocurrency. For example, you shouldn’t send Bitcoins to a Litecoin account, and these funds will remain lost forever.
2. Be aware of all the different “Bitcoins” There are “normal” Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin Gold, and Bitcoin Cash. Do not get the wrong address!
3. To avoid making a mistake, always pay attention when copying and pasting the addresses from the wallets. When copying and pasting, make sure that you don’t forget the first or last characters. To be specific, I check the first three characters and the last three characters.
4. Your device will store the cryptos that you earn or receive, and it is important not to lose it or make copies of it. Otherwise, you could lose your cryptos, and you can always retrieve them if you have your private key.
5. You can send or receive a payment and add a note to your Exodus wallet.
6. It may seem that your cryptos are not synchronized correctly. You will see three small dots at the top right of your computer screen for each crypto. Click on the dots to refresh the blockchain. Wait a while.
7. You don’t like dollars? This setting can be changed in the settings to change to euros. Or anything else you choose.
8. Your funds could be lost forever if you lose your private keys.
9. Exodus updates the application approximately every two weeks. You will be asked regularly to update the software, which is highly recommended.
Is exodus still a good option for your wallet?
Exodus’s status as a wallet is controversial. There are many opinions. While some people love it and claim it is the best wallet they have ever used, others feel it is not as great as it once was. Exodus is a solid wallet that I still believe in. I recommend it to anyone who needs a place to store crypto coins. You might consider looking at other wallets if Exodus is not your best choice.
Is the exodus wallet secure and legal?
Yes, the Exodus wallet can be used to store your coin safely. Exodus wallet has been in existence since 2015 and is one of the most widely used cryptocurrency wallets. Exodus can be used for free and supports a variety of cryptocurrencies.
Exodus is a great option for those looking for a secure and user-friendly crypto wallet. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter